5 advantages of mounting 2 sensors
And the FAST WHEEL funciton
There are organizers that publish as they have measured the rally and if they have done it with sensor in the right wheel or in the left, with this information, there are some participants who try to do the same thing. If you have 2 sensors you have options to do it. If you only have only one, the information will be less useful, but what are the main advantages of mounting 2 sensors?
1) Blunik does the average of the 2 sensors and minimize the difference effect of your plot with the organizer.
2) You can use the function FastWheel of your Blunik, which causes that in case of rising a wheel (and remain without counting meters) can take it into account and compensate it. This wheel lifting may seem silly or it only happens in extreme cases but our experience, testing and many teams can confirm it: the FastWheel function of Blunik is noticeable.
3) In case of a sensor failure you can use the other one. Using Blunik also has the additional advantage that it will mark the error and you will notice quickly.
4) By having 2 sensors allows you to check the perfect performance by comparing the readings and differences between the two. The Blunik does not drive or see the road, you do so, so watch the right and left sensor readings and discover consistency with your driving.
5) Detect faults difficult to detect, either mechanical or poor installation. With Blunik you have the sensor verification screens which also shows the detected errors. If for any reason you see that the error counter is counting 01, 02, 03 .... or up to 10 quickly, you must go to the mechanic as soon as possible and check the installation of the sensors, nails reference magnet and everything you may think can fail. If the Blunik tells you mistakes is because there are. Fix them right away for everything to work properly.
To keep in mind:
In Blunik we think it is more valuable to use the "Both FastWheel" function instead of trying to find out how the organizer has measured.
One more thing, it is always more meaningful to know if the organizer has situated the sensros in the front wheels or the rear wheels than if he has mounted them in the left or right wheel. If you put the sensors in the front wheels and the organizer put them in the rear wheels or vice versa, is a challenge to compensate the difference, the Sport Drive device will be very useful in that situation. We will explain it in another post.
If you want sensors, we recommend Blunik sensors.