How to participate in a regularity rally
Do you think that your classic car can be better than it seems? Do you see yourself driving your car in good curves and mythical roads? Or maybe you thought about guiding up to the podium from the co-pilot's seat? Well, keep reading that we tell you how to participate in a regularity rally and we encourage you the day!
If you still do not know exactly what a regularity rally is, read our previous post where we tell you some details.
To participate in a regularity rally we must comply with the following:
- We will need a vehicle that complies with the specifications laid down in the rally regulations. Normally classic cars over 25 years old.
- We have to be a two person team: pilot and co-pilot.
- We need a good understanding of what a regularity rally is.
- It is not a race. It is not a question of speed.
- They will monitor that we follow the route.
- They are going to monitor lap times at certain points along the route.
- Our automobile must have a certain level of preparation.
- Mechanically reliable.
- Some kind of distance measurer. The vehicles own can be used as to start with.
- A clock/stop-watch.
- Some kind of system allowing us to compare the organiser’s parameters without own route. Time/distance tables set at different speed printed out on paper are usually used.
By using these elements well we can now manage an aceptable classification in a regularity rally.
- Follow the road book (route).
- At set intervals determine the time difference. Or determine the distance difference every so often.
- Tell the pilot wether he needs to accelerate of slow-down.
- Compensate for the automobile tracking if it is not the same as the organiser’s.
- Drive skillfully, controlling the car to perfection.
- Follow the navigator’s orders.
- Sometimes this is not easy, some of the imposed measures can be very tricky to stick to on twisty roads.
Well, I guess you're in the mood to participate in a regularity rally, right? Here is very useful information: our special schedule of regularity rallies in Europe.
We have carefully selected those regularity rallies that have unquestionable quality, some are luxury, others more sporting, others more modest, but in all of them you have assured good regularity, good race organization and good atmosphere.